- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable, canola or peanut oil
- 4 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 4 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup lightly packed Thai basil or sweet basil leaves
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1 fresh jalapeno chili, thinly sliced into rings (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons lager-style beer, like Tsingtao
- 2 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper (or black pepper)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoon lager-style beer, like Tsingtao
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon fish sauce (or add an additional 3 teaspoons soy sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Make some rice.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place a wok or wide sauté pan over high heat until hot.
- Add the oil, swirling to coat the sides.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Add the chicken and asparagus and cook, stirring constantly until the chicken is no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce and bring to boil.
- Add the cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until sauce thickens, about 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in jalapeno chili, basil leaves and cashews.