This is an easy fish dinner. I have used tilapia, snapper, and maybe even haddock. Any white fish is probably fine.
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen fish, thawed if frozen
- one 14-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced green pimento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- juice from one lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 Roma tomato, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat a long casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In casserole combine undrained tomatoes, garlic, olives, cumin, and lime juice.
- Lay fish fillets over tomato mixture. Drizzle with olive oil and season with a little salt and black pepper. The olives are salty so easy on the salt.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Spoon some of the sauce mixture over the top of the fish and sprinkle with diced fresh tomatoes.
- Continue to bake for another 7-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Calories, 402; Protein, 69 g; Tot Fat, 12 g ; Carb 7 g
Adapted from Linda’s Eating Well, Living Thin.