- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 poached boneless chicken breasts
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups poaching broth
- 1 can corn (Del Monte Summer Crisp)
- One (1) 4-ounce can diced green or jalapeno chili peppers
- Two (2) 15-ounce cans white northern beans
- Reduced fat shredded cheese, fat-free sour cream, and salsa for serving (optional)
- Spray a saucepan, add the oil, and sauté the onions until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, and salsa, if you want.
Serves 6 (1 cup servings)
Calories 330; Protein 29g; Fat 5g; Carbohydrates 44 g; Fiber 9g; Sodium 120 mg.
If you’re not crazy about the corn, you can substitute 1 cup chopped red or green pepper in place of the corn.