This is tasty, easy to make. Aaron loves it, Kennedy not so much.
The big difference between this recipe and the linked orignal is that I use non fat milk (because that’s what we drink) and it seems to always need an extra five minutes in the oven.
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, tough ends trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup non fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 slices turkey bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9 inch pie plate with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, place asparagus into boiling water and cook for 4-6 minutes, or until tender but still firm. Drain well.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon and asparagus into pie plate.
- Top with cheese.
- In a bowl, beat together, eggs, milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and garlic powder. Pour egg mixture on top of cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes or until golden and just set in the center. Makes 8 servings.
Adapted from Linda’s Eating Well, Living Thin