Kebabs are a good protein you can build the rest of the meal around. You have to get Syrian bread (pita) and hummus (Sabra makes a tasty spicy hummus).
It’s not a Lebanese meal without them.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh or dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 24 strips
- 18 (1/2-inch thick) slices of zucchini
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 12 wedges
- 12 garlic cloves peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray (for grill)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake well. If you get more than two pounds of meat, keep the same number of strips and vegetable pieces, but increase the amount of marinade proportionately. Marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes. Remove chicken and vegetables from bag; discard marinade.
- Cook garlic cloves in boiling water to cover 3 minutes; drain and cool.
- Thread 4 chicken strips, 3 zucchini slices, 2 fennel wedges, and 2 garlic cloves alternately onto each of 6 (12-inch) skewers. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray or onto a tray to broil. Grill, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 kebab).
Calories 238 (25% from fat); Fat 6.6 grams (sat 1.1g, mono 3.8 g, poly 0.9 g); Protein 36.3g; Carbs 7.4 g