They had this in the cafeteria at work and I wondered if I could make it myself. It’s so simple.
It’s also called low-country boil (I don’t think there’s any difference) and there is a version for the grill. I’m interested in trying it on the grill. The steps I saw called for getting the potatoes and corn mostly boiled, then adding protein and finishing on the grill in foil packets.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 8 small red potatoes
- Four ears of corn, quartered
- Turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 2 lbs of shrimp
- 1/4 cup of Old Bay Seasoning
- 8 cups of water
- Boil the water with the Old Bay.
- Add the potatoes and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add the sausage and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the corn and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and boil until pink (or 5 minutes).
- Drain, reserving the water.
- Scoop out servings, drizzle with stock.