I’ve made this about three times in the last month. It’s easy and tasty. I find if I double the red pepper, the kids only eat it once, and I get all the leftovers for lunches. Evil Dad.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 6 ounces andouille sausage, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onions
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic, saute 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in bell peppers and next 5 ingredients (paprika through black pepper) and saute 1 minute.
- Add rice, saute 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, simmer 15 minutes.
- Add turkey and sausage, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup).
Calories 249 (27% from fat); Fat 7.6 grams (sat 2.4g, mono 3.4 g, poly 1.3 g); Protein 17.3g; Carbs 27.4 g; Fiber 2.7g; Chol 42mg; Iron 2.7mg; Sodium 523mg; Calc 37mg